Gibson Brands Forums

What tuner do you use???

jeff_farkas

By the way' date=' I'm surprised no one else has mentioned these yet...

[img']http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/2manyGuitars/misc/ss2_sm.jpg[/img]

I love this thing because it's super accurate, and it also has "tempered" settings for open slide tunings. Plus, on stage it's very easy to read.

Yeah... that's the one... best tuner there is... I was a solid BOSS user until I tried one of those (rack version)... just pray your fingers can cope with it...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use the built-in tuner in my DigiTech RP350 when I play my Strat or Ibby. When I play my Gibson Robot' date=' however, who needs a tuner? <g>

Cat Daddy[/quote']

I just got a Robo SG and I'm like'n it too, fast and easy. I have Korg DT-7 plug'd inline with the rest of the pedals. I got that one because it has a Buzz Feiten setting for my Washburn.

^^^

how do you read thoose

???

The little rows of squares move up or down depending on if you're sharp or flat. You start tuning until it tells you you're at "A" for example. When you're quite bit off' date=' the bigger squares at the left are easiest to read. If they're moving up, you're too high, and if they're moving down, you're too low. As you get closer, the movement slows down and then you start reading the smaller squares. When they all stop moving, you're in tune... and I mean [i']in tune[/i].

With the standard tuners that use a needle or even a row of LEDs with a green one in the middle for "in tune", I always found after I was done using the tuner I would have to play a chord and tweak some of the strings a bit to get it perfectly in tune. When I use the Peterson live, I go up a couple minutes before the set and check all my guitars. It mutes the sound when you activate it so you can actually hear the guitar. I don't even bother listening to it when I'm finished tuning because I know it'll be perfect when I hit that first chord.

Archived