Gibson Brands Forums

Help! Es-125 bridge

Luciano

Indeed it's an ebony one!

it sounds great but it looks quite narrow at the base and I find it a little bit too high.

A part from this I would like to bring the guitar to it's original settting, not to sell it as collectable but just to respect it's years!

I looked into ebay but didn't find it.

Anyone knows if the bridge is common to other Gibson guitar models?

Thanks

Luciano

I understand why you'd like to find something more original. I would probably try to do the same if it were my guitar.

I tried a few online searches myself, and was surprised by the lack of results. I do think that the bridge you're looking for would have been used on MANY Gibson archtop models, and I would have expected to find some of these for sale individually on ebay, gbase, etc. I think your best bet would probably be to do a web search (I used Google) for "vintage guitar parts". There are dealers who specialize in this, and I would be extremely surprised if you couldn't find somebody who has what you're looking for. Good luck, and let us know how the search goes.

Ebay will get one ..eventually.

Tuners dont look original btw either.

Worst case scenario you get a 15$ rosewood base and a blank from StewMac.com and have someone cut it to look like the original.

If you need better pics let me know .. I have a 64 with the original bridge.

Archived