Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone have access to BlueBook?

stein

I got a Paisley Strat, Japan, first production run with CBS style headstock (like a '72 reissue). E series (84-87) seriel number.

Looking online, I have NO idea what to believe for a value. It seems to be everywhere.

I already know the usual...asking is not getting, and even the book value is only a guide. Just, Don't know with this.

Any help would be helpful.

There a really nice Strat even if they are pink! My girl loves them and really wanted one so I bought her one 2 years ago for a 21st b-day gift it was basically mint looked unplayed and I payed $720 for it. It's a remake of the original 68 which is rarer but I still haven't found one of the in good condition there pretty rare which will probably make the remakes like yours more valuable in the long run. The Pink Paisley and Blue flower both sell for about the same amount even though the Pink seems much more common.

There a really nice Strat even if they are pink! My girl loves them and really wanted one so I bought her one 2 years ago for a 21st b-day gift it was basically mint looked unplayed and I payed $720 for it. It's a remake of the original 68 which is rarer but I still haven't found one of the in good condition there pretty rare which will probably make the remakes like yours more valuable in the long run. The Pink Paisley and Blue flower both sell for about the same amount even though the Pink seems much more common.

Yes, they DO scream cool.

As far as being a remake, that is kind of a stretch. They made 2, and one was intended for Hendrix but never presented because he died before they could give it to him. (But, I have read that so often about so many guitars I have to wonder every time I read that claim). Also, the 2 of them had black pup covers.

As a player, they are pretty heavy, and I can't imagine the sound being the best for a Strat. If it is strictly tone you are after, you would'nt reach for one. But, to spite the wallpaper and the extra weight of the finish, they are solid.

Archived