Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Neck Manufacturing

rot_n_roll

I am very impressed with the neck manufacturing quality of the Epiphone Les Paul Custom. This one is made in China. I was wondering if they are actually Gibson-commissioned necks\fretboards\inlays. In other words, do Gibson and Epiphone get any of the same parts from the exact same manufacturers?

Comparing the pearloid inlays of this Epi LP Custom, an LTD, and a custom Ibanez, the Epiphone inlay is the best by far.

I am very impressed with the neck manufacturing quality of the Epiphone Les Paul Custom.

Epiphone has always produced great bang for the buck guitars IMHO. Lately they do seem to be outdoing themselves.

I know that I am very happy with the ones I have.

In other words, do Gibson and Epiphone get any of the same parts from the exact same manufacturers?

None that I know of ......Well, on second thought, maybe the boxes they come in?

As I have not seen any other posts of yours...Welcome to the forum

Pics of your guitar?

Willy

None that I know of ......Well, on second thought, maybe the boxes they come in?

Don't they come in a box that has E right on the front? I thought maybe they both have the exact same inlay stockpiles, purely out of convenience. It has good ripple and depth, whereas other pearloid I've seen looks less characteristic and milky.

Pics of your guitar?

Too many guitars, not enough camera battery life. They are all of the LP and Fender bass variety.

Archived