Gibson Brands Forums

SG Juniors Are Back!

Malchik

I'm interested in this guitar - always loved juniors, will they be available in the UK, I can't find anything on the site about them.

I've also heard there is going to be a reasonably priced special comming out soon, can anybody confirm?

I'm interested in this guitar - always loved juniors, will they be available in the UK, I can't find anything on the site about them.

I've also heard there is going to be a reasonably priced special comming out soon, can anybody confirm?

I haven't heard anything about a special, but they haven't really gone away per se. MF still has some gloss batwing SG specials (classics) for $999,00.

I haven't heard anything about a special, but they haven't really gone away per se. MF still has some gloss batwing SG specials (classics) for $999,00.

I'm lucky to a have 61 CS re-issue, I really want a single pup P90 guitar ideally a junior or special, the juniors are appearing at Wildwood, but nothing so far in the UK. That said a reasonably priced single pup special would be great, I've heard a rumour over on the telecaster forum that they will be annouced soon. But why nothing on the gibson site about the single cut specials that are available in the US at the moment?

The Gibson website might work four days out of the week for me. I find Wildwood seems to get new models weeks before Gibson announces. The Les Paul Classic is available through Wildwood, but are unavailable through Musician's Friend until December.

Also, I'm jealous for your SG CS.

The Gibson website might work four days out of the week for me. I find Wildwood seems to get new models weeks before Gibson announces. The Les Paul Classic is available through Wildwood, but are unavailable through Musician's Friend until December.

Also, I'm jealous for your SG CS.

Malchik - good to shoot the breeze - I've just posted a picture on the show us yours thread, I had to sell a beauty but the special is just gr8!

Anyway let's just hope some of these juniors get across to the UK!

They are also available in black - my preference :) http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/127410359.php?CategoryID=10&n=14 Really beautiful I was waiting for that since a long time. This is really a beautiful p90 guitars. Wraparound bridge, shinny finish. The fretboard is baked maple but I'm surprise that this one is pretty dark. Very beautiful, neck is still from Mahogany.

The only thing that irritates me is how lazy they were with the routing/pot placement. They went out of their way to give it a dogear P-90 and slanted wraparound, but copped-out at the controls. Minor knit-pick, I know, but they were so close to making it a true 60's reissue.

The only thing that irritates me is how lazy they were with the routing/pot placement. They went out of their way to give it a dogear P-90 and slanted wraparound, but copped-out at the controls. Minor knit-pick, I know, but they were so close to making it a true 60's reissue.

Yep. First thing I noticed. It's not like the original placement isn't the normal placement of the bridge position controls on a normal SG, right?

Yep. First thing I noticed. It's not like the original placement isn't the normal placement of the bridge position controls on a normal SG, right?

They gave it a standard's control rout with the Les Paul Junior's control placement, it seems.

I'm guessing they didn't want to modify the CNC machine's SG control routing scheme.

Right, the volume controls is near the pickguard. That's not an "exact" reproduction for sure. However I like it a lot. The slanted wraparound bridge, the small pickguard and the finish make all the difference (positively) if I compare with their other p90 guitars. But that's my opinion. This guitar is not so expensive. I'm really anxious to try one.

They are also available in black - my preference :) http://www.wildwoodg...egoryID=10&n=14 Really beautiful I was waiting for that since a long time. This is really a beautiful p90 guitars. Wraparound bridge, shinny finish. The fretboard is baked maple but I'm surprise that this one is pretty dark. Very beautiful, neck is still from Mahogany.

You're right. That one looks pretty sexy.

Archived