Gibson Brands Forums

Well its halloween here

Enmitygauged

Had our first gig as a band oh the friggen horror of it.

In fairness it has been over a month since we had rehearsed the full set list. But man did we make a shamozle of it.

First we had not rehearsed before hand for fear of noise complaints. So we kept it to a sound check. then there was a huge Bonfire which apparently made the singers voice turn to dust.

2 the drummer lost sync on 3 out of 10 songs. suddenly playing double time. [cursing]

3 the band had chosen not to tell me that they had changed the chords of one of the songs (that I dont play in) but then asked me to play along a solo. yeah that was fun.

4. the opening song some one had stood on the singers volume pedal so when he started playing 2 bars in he made a cluster F of it. and then panicked resetting the volume.

Oh amateur hour it was fun. I am glad it was just a practice gig for friends and family. but still just a little bit embarrassing. and huge dose of humble pie [crying]

That's it.......I'm moving down there, joining yer band, make it real..........[thumbup]:rolleyes:[crying] :unsure: [woot] .......

dude please do, oh the humanity. it was like watching a train wreck plus the heat from a 40 ft bon fire kind of played havoc with the tuning of my guitars. mid way through a song my G was an A string -_-

Archived