Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Bonamassa Epiphone

danl56

I recently had a Joe Bonamassa Epiphone delivered with a cracked neck so I hadto send it back. Anybody had any issues like that with theirs? Also I have read reviews and they all seem positive but was just wondering if I should try somehting else?

Cracked necks are common on guitars with angled headstocks; the crack can happen at the headstock or body. Certainly not limited to the JB Les Paul. They really need to design better shipping boxes so that when it falls and bouncesa round, the neck and headstock don't take so much of the impact.

Appreciate the reply Blueman I have had a few delivered in the mail before just never seen one come in with a crack like that. I can certainly understand how it can happen though. Just the first one in my house I guess and was concerned about it . Everybody here has more association with Guitars than I do sowas just solicting input thanx

Appreciate the reply Blueman I have had a few delivered in the mail before just never seen one come in with a crack like that. I can certainly understand how it can happen though. Just the first one in my house I guess and was concerned about it . Everybody here has more association with Guitars than I do so was just solicting input thanx

I had a new Epi P-93 Riviera come with a cracked neck, returned it, and they sent a new one that was fine. I love angled headstocks, but they don't love to be shipped. You see them with cracked necks sold regularly on eBay (any import make or model that has an angled headstock), for a big discount, which appeals to luthiers that know how to fix them properly. Traveling half way across the world on ships, trucks, forklifts, and conveyor belts is not a smooth journey for a wooden instrument.

I appreciate the replys, you get straight forward and truthful answers here helps alot thanx Should be getting the replacement Joe Bonamassa Epi some time next week and will get to play it. So far haven't heard any one speak bad about them. Better wait another year to buy any more though. Thought I was bad about buying guitars until I joined here realized I was just gettin started LOL THanks again for the information

Archived