Gibson Brands Forums

57 Classic Pickups 2 conductor Gold Hardware

Kineman Karma

G'day All, well at this time I am happy to report an error [cursing] that turned good [biggrin][thumbup]

As I have a LPC obviously I needed 57 Classic pickups in gold hardware. I also wanted these in four conductor as I have coil splitter switches on the paul.

After opening up the pickups I found that my dealer made a boo boo by selling me 2 conductor and not the 4 conductor I wanted in gold hardware.

Well as I have come to find out, Gibson don't make 4 conductor 57 Classics in gold hardware but only in nickel. WTF??? [cursing]

Anyway, after spending $290 aud for them, I took a gamble and just installed them without worrying about the coil splitting options.

WOW, WOW, WOW.... after taking out my SD SH-1N & JB/SD custom shop bridge pup which kicked arse in the first place, with the installation of the 57 classics, I have bought to life!! the tone wood in my 1973 Gibson Les Paul Custom.

After a set up and balancing the pickups, I will firmly say that a Gibson only sounds like a Gibson, with Gibson parts... this taken from my learning today, after installation of such wonderful true vintage clarity breathing pickups.

I didn't put my LPC down for at least 2 hours [biggrin][biggrin]

Thanks Gibson!!!! [thumbup][thumbup]

Yeah, Classic '57s are fantastic......And also, yeah, the SD pickups are also good pickups, but they aren't '57s.......

Since you are in OZ, 290 oz bucks sounds reasonable as well...I'm very aware of the price markups OZ musicians

have to deal with......Classic '57s in my Michael Kelly and Epi guitars make them sound like real Gibbies................

Yeah, Classic '57s are fantastic......And also, yeah, the SD pickups are also good pickups, but they aren't '57s.......

Since you are in OZ, 290 oz bucks sounds reasonable as well...I'm very aware of the price markups OZ musicians

have to deal with......Classic '57s in my Michael Kelly and Epi guitars make them sound like real Gibbies................

Ha Ha, thanks for the quick response Mate, Yes we suffer heavily from price mark ups.

I am very well looked after though from Allans Music in Adelaide South Australia [thumbup]

Initially I was concerned about just running it with the standard 2 humbucker pickup wiring, as I have an ES-335 and 61RI SG with 57 Classics that are factory wired.

I wanted my paul to be different with the coil splitter options but I don't care now, after hearing the old girl singing aloud with new vocal chords who cares!!! [drool][drool][biggrin][biggrin]

Cheers

Archived