Gibson Brands Forums

MY Gibson ES-335 smells like candy!!

Kineman Karma

Everytime I open her case I can inhail the sweet smell of nitro and it's woods aroma [drool][drool]

I remember the first day I picked her up the nitro was really almost still wet.

Anyway apart from the awesome tone tone tone, I love putting my nose against her body and smelling the Gibson aroma. [love]

I know I sound like a **** head!!! but is there anyone out there that have had the same experience.

Cheers.

You too, eh? [thumbup] Nothing better!

I just picked up a 14 year old used ES-335 and the case and guitar both smell like diesel fuel or really heavy smoke/weed. I asked the previous owner if he noticed the same thing and he did not because he has nasal problems and can't smell hardly at all. He said it was kept in a smoke free music room for about a year before he sold the guitar to me. So I guess I am going to throw some bounty dryer sheets in the case, use some ferbreeze spray and keep the guitar out of the case until the smell goes away. The guitar itself also smells and by keeping it out of the case I am hoping it to will loose the odor, other than that the guitar sounds great and is a real player!

Now my Gibson J-185RW is another story and that is pure Rosewood goodness everytime I open the case!

post-40111-007660400 1328281942_thumb.jpg

post-40111-013735300 1328282256_thumb.jpg

The guitar itself also smells and by keeping it out of the case I am hoping it to will loose the odor, other than that the guitar sounds great and is a real player!

My les paul lost its odor completely in about one year of being outside in the open air... I keep all my guitars on string swings...

I never use my cases, they stay up in the attic, so the case will never lose that smell of wacky weed... I always use a gig bag when transporting...

Archived