Gibson Brands Forums

Fingers tailpiece replacement screws

Mojorule

Thanks for the pic.

How odd.

Must be rather soft steel.

It would bend back.

More practical to replace if the part were available. Cheap part, takes less time and etc.

If you have a thread gauge and the necessary skills its a simple matter to make a replacement, but don't go there.

It must have been pushed on, pressed or other wise hit when it was only partially screwed into the arm to have bent it in that way.

Allparts sells the tailpiece.

Who knows if its a knock off or OEM.

I've always seen the Gibson part. Good plating.

IMO the finger TP works better on actual archtops.

It wants the added height of of the bridge base making the top of the bridge 1 inch tall rather than the HoRo's 3/4 inch.

I have a spare that I bought back in the day. I'll have a look and see if its actually the same part, this was sold as a replacement part for a Super 5 as I remember.

I may experiment with bending a bit more angle into the mounting bracket/plate to snug the bracket to the top and flip the arms over so the string "pockets" are facing up.

Then tighten the fingers flush to the top.

That way I can change strings without loosening and re tightening the screws constantly which becomes boring.

Sometimes a "bubba" mod can work, often not. I'll flip my spare over on the bench tomorrow and see if that looks promising.

Archived