Gibson Brands Forums

B-Strings Breaking in tuning mode or taking 30 minutes to get in tune

doctorbonkers

Hi again,

Is anyone else experiencing funkiness with a B-string breaking for no apparent reason in tuning mode?

I had the original strings on the guitar until today. I strummed to tune them and robo head on the B-string just started torquing the string up until it snapped. The string until that point was a little oxidized but fine and was siting in the bridge saddle as well as the nut as it should.

I replaced all the strings then with D-Addario XL Nickel Wounds .010 thru .046.

I followed all the instructions in the manual to the letter. The B-String kept unwinding in tuning mode. I finally got the string to tune properly by unwinding the string and re-locking it into place so that the string did not even make it through the other side of the tuning post hole. Nowhere in the directions does it say to do that.

Is my robo-head going bad after less than 200 hours of use or is this the way the B-String robo-heads function?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Dr B

Hey there...

I suggest you ask that question or any other queries related to DuskTiger / DarkFire etc

Over at ... http://www.futureguitarnow.com/forum/index.php?action=forum

Lot more knowledge & help than here !!

The forum there is designed for the Robot Guitars & many other things too.

Cheers

Thanks for the tip. I just registered there so I will post my queries there soon, after admin approval. :)

• 11 months later...

Thanks for the tip. I just registered there so I will post my queries there soon, after admin approval. :)

Have you solved the problem yet? Think i have the same problem, Have broken the B-string twice. and probably would have broken it a third time if I didn't tune it my self. Have a little bit of an overall problem with the tuning system on my Les paul std 2010 lmt ed. Have registerd on Future guitar now, Will I find the solution on my problem there?

/ John

• 4 years later...

Have you solved the problem yet? Think i have the same problem, Have broken the B-string twice. and probably would have broken it a third time if I didn't tune it my self. Have a little bit of an overall problem with the tuning system on my Les paul std 2010 lmt ed. Have registerd on Future guitar now, Will I find the solution on my problem there?

/ John

That message board is dead now.

Basically my Dusk Tiger hates to tune old strings.

Once the strings get about a 100 hours of wear, your robo tuners will sacrifice your old strings to the tuning gods.

the only thing to do is clean the bridge contacts with a chamois swab to wipe away any pick dust or oxidation that might have messed with the sensor and restring.

Archived