Gibson Brands Forums

I Need 335 Dot 1992-2003

bluezguy

Ebay is your friend.

Ebay, started out as everybody's friend. It didn't take long for them to become a fat, greedy pig - this comment reflecting on most sellers on the system. Yes. periodically you can get a 'deal' BUTTTT - not really - if you calculate time invested. Hell doesn't freeze over too often ... msp_thumbdn.gif on Ebay.

Thanks anyway.

Try craigslist. Prices tend to be more rational. The downside is that you may have to drive to get what you want. I've gotten several good guitar deals this way. One was an hour drive away, the other about 3 1/2 hours.

You are correct: things are often overpriced on Ebay. But not always.

I follow a lot of guitars on eBay and agree that many are over-priced. It seems that used 335s that are not "vintage" with a buy-it-now or opening bid over $2K often don't get sold. Several good 335s that had opening bids below $1,500, and no reserve, sell for $1,700 - $1,800 - probably what they are really worth.

I follow a lot of guitars on eBay and agree that many are over-priced. It seems that used 335s that are not "vintage" with a buy-it-now or opening bid over $2K often don't get sold. Several good 335s that had opening bids below $1,500, and no reserve, sell for $1,700 - $1,800 - probably what they are really worth.

Oh, and my '86 335 (bone stock when I got it a year ago) came from Elderly Instruments, Lansing, Michigan. I bought it from them on-line for $1,750 and it has turned out to be one of my best internet purchases.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Archived