Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson L6-S case

Gibbiefan

Now that Gibson has a re issue of the L6-S, how do I purchase a case for this guitar. I have an old one and would sure like a case that is made to fit.

I have called a couple of shops, like GC and no luck even finding out if this is possible.

Any ideas on who to call?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The L6 Custom had a 6 position tone switch, configured as follows:

1- Both pups in series, in phase

2- Neck

3- Both pups parallel. in phase

4- Both pups parallel, out of phase

5- Bridge

6- Both pups in series, out of phase

I bought an L6s in '75 from Sam Ash in NYC. I loved that guitar and it was my only electric for 8 years. It played great and I liked the versatility of the 6 way switch. The pickups were designed by Bill Lawrence and I paid $363.50 for it brand new with hard case. I was so happy to get it as I had been using a '60 Les Paul Special that was a real POS. Best of luck with yours.

We may have spoken via telephone. Unfortunately, the cases are not available to purchase separately from Gibson.

What the Gibson Customer Service Team can't tell you, but I can..... is...... the cases for Gibson guitars are made by a company called TKL (I don't know about the Epi cases). You can buy the same cases without the Gibson logos from many retailers.

Call (or e-mail) TKL Case (Canada), or their USA division, Cedar Creek Cases, and ask them for the model number of the case that fits your guitar. You can then shop local or on-line retailers for that specific case number.

Archived