Gibson Brands Forums

Epi G400 (Korina Ltd Edition) dating

blingdogg

I have an Epiphone SG G400, limited edition Korina, made in China. I bought it new from the store and I've been trying to find out what year it was made in, since it seems like this model was discontinued a few years ago.

I don't know if I should put in the full serial number here, but it begins with: 1004151

Four more numbers are at the end...

I searched the internet and used the dating resources but nothing comes up. Any help?

Above post is correct. Here is the code list.

For a number like: XXMMFF12345

YY year

MM month

FF factory-code

12345 production#

FACTORY NUMBER CODES -- for some models starting in 2008, if serial # begins w/numbers

[NOTE: The factories identified by these codes are based on patterns which forum members have observed. The numbers appear as the 5th and sixth digits in the serial number.]

11 = MIC sticker on a '08 Masterbuilt

12 = DeaWon or Unsung (China -- uncertainty remains as to which factory)

15 = Qingdao (China) -- electric

16 = Qingdao (China) -- acoustic

17 = China - factory unknown MIC sticker on a J160E

18 = China - factory unknown found on one 2009 model bass

20 = DaeWon or Unsung (China -- uncertainty remains as to which factory)

21 = Unsung, Korea

22 = ??? Korea (factory still unknown)

23 = ??? Indonesia (factory still unknown, probably Samick,)

I = Indonesia (this letter has appeared as the 5th digit on two authentic new models made in Indonesia

I have an Epiphone SG G400, limited edition Korina, made in China. I bought it new from the store and I've been trying to find out what year it was made in, since it seems like this model was discontinued a few years ago.

I don't know if I should put in the full serial number here, but it begins with: 1004151

Four more numbers are at the end...

I searched the internet and used the dating resources but nothing comes up. Any help?

Pictures, please. I love the Korina.

Archived