Gibson Brands Forums

Removing Humbucker Covers

JamGuy

Hi all,

So yesterday I decided to remove the covers on the pickups I recently replaced in my Cort Source (335 Copy) In stock form, it was a fantastic playing guitar but it came with oddly aged black anodized hardware... I guess it was their take on relic-mania, anyhow, it didn't grow on me and I recently decided to replace the electronic and hardware. Long story short(er)... I ended up with two humbuckers with these ugly covers that I would have never used for anything else. And with no resale value to speak of, I decided to remove the aged covers. They were COATED with wax... not the flash dipping I've seen on nice humbuckers. Well, I used hobby knives and slowly excavated through the way to reveal these two black beauties.

My questions are as follows... Does anyone know where Cort sources (no pun intended) these pickups from? They're the Classic Rocker II's. Both the bridge and neck pickup are stamped with an F on the bottom... any significance to that? Does that mean "F" spaced as for Fender guitars?

They sounded really rich and warm before... quite good to my ear. I know uncovered buckers brighten up a bit so I'm hoping they'll sound great in whatever they end up in next. I was thinking about installing one in the bridge position of my strat but the lack of 4 conductor wiring has me stumped. Any help regarding the pickup specs or info would be great... kinda random but maybe someone knows [confused]

45277288.jpg

classicrockeriipupsbr.jpg

Archived