Gibson Brands Forums

What pots and caps are in the Elitist Customs

Stewie

I have a 2005 Elitist Custom LP in Wine Red, I know they have the 50SR and 60ST pickups from Gibson, but what pots and caps are in them. I pulled the back and there is no identification on the top of the pots only a red magic marker on the volume controls. Also what caps are in them, and what are their values.

I tried a search and could not find anything.

Thanks for any help. I am trying to assist a friend who is going to put Gibson pickups in his regular non elitist custom.

not sure of the brand or origin, but they are 500k pots of some kind. i'm guessing the caps were of the .015/.022 variety, as that's what most replacement kits consist of. they were little ceramic caps that didn't have values on them, just a code, i think.

the semis have mini 500k pots, for whatever reason.

worth noting is that despite the claims, everything on the elitists is metric, and you'll have to adjust accordingly when you modify.

Thanks for that. I guessed that might be the values. I opened up my Korean special edition Custom and it has the values stamped on the top. It also has a guick connect in the cavity and I was wondering if that was stock.

It is a 2000 LE.

I am gathering information for a firend who is going to mod a newer Custom with some Gibson pickups.

Whatever their values or items origins may be the upgrades are totally worth it. Were I him, I'd consider swapping the caps and pots as well. And the switch, jack and bridge if he's made of money, but went buy a more expensive guitar. Not everyone is willing to make such a commitment to a"low end” guitar.

Ps-I'd make those recommendations for you too,stewie

Archived