Gibson Brands Forums

David Bromberg

JohnMac

Hey all,

I was going through my vinyl and decided to put on a couple of his albums. I didn't realize how versatile he is on the guitar. From some hot flatpickin' to electric blues and rock to some sweet finger picking and throw in some funk. I had to check the credits to see how much of that work was his.

I saw him in concert at our local zoo about a lifetime ago. I spent so much time keeping track of my young kids and couldn't really pay much attention to the show. Wonder what he's up to these days?

Any Fans?

He's always stood out as an exceptional player. I used to see him & his group at the time (& even played at the same venue a couple of times, The Night Owl Cafe, albeit during the day.....I was a little too young to play at night at the time, not to mention the fact that my young inexperienced bandmates & myself probably..... no, definitely weren't good enough yet at that time to do so), The Strangers (most likely his first), when I used to hang out in Greenwich Village back in the sixties. I bought his first album at the time, upon which I recall a very amusing original song that still brings a smile to my face remembering....."You've Got To Suffer If You Wanna Sing The Blues".

Archived