Gibson Brands Forums

1976 Les Paul Custom

mooneye777

I am here in search of info on a guitar a friend of mine found. Its a 1976 Les Paul Custom. He found it around 1980 on a road side in Illinois, next to a warehouse parking lot. Basically want to find anyone who might know anything about or anyone who has lost this guitar. The guitar was in a just set down standing possition case and all, just a couple feet from the road. These were set from his phone, I am going to go take some better pics myself one day this week to post.

aaaa-1.jpg

One posting to one of the forums is sufficient! Multiple postings makes it difficult for folks to follow the responses and questions!

Ya I thought that, but after reading several posts here. Many suggest posting it elsewhere on the forum. Because they think many people would not see there post there. Since there is not a lost and found section I went with the 3 different section post. I think people will get it, if not then sorry for wasting 1 minute of yours and thier lives. Thanks for your suggestion though.

This is a very cool mystery story....it conjures up all kinds of scenarios in my mind. Also a couple of questions. Why does he want to come forth now(years later) to find the owner? Did or has he tryed to find the owner immediately after finding it?

It would be really cool if someone comes forth who knows the guitar....Exciting [thumbup]

Rod

Ya I thought that, but after reading several posts here. Many suggest posting it elsewhere on the forum. Because they think many people would not see there post there. Since there is not a lost and found section I went with the 3 different section post. I think people will get it, if not then sorry for wasting 1 minute of yours and thier lives. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Posting to multiple forums on the same board is always discouraged. It creates confusion to everyone involved and hinders the flow of information you need and we want to give you!

I'm new here and found your posts in a few seconds!

Just informing you of how forums work! (this is where you say "thank you"!) :)

This is a very cool mystery story....it conjures up all kinds of scenarios in my mind. Also a couple of questions. Why does he want to come forth now(years later) to find the owner? Did or has he tryed to find the owner immediately after finding it?

It would be really cool if someone comes forth who knows the guitar....Exciting [thumbup]

Rod

I guess it's hard to argue with the gesture, but... 32 YEARS later? [confused] Very unusual, very odd.

Archived