Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement Pickguard

bshoe54

I just aquired a one year old Songwriter Deluxe 12-string today and am ecstatic.

The original owner had removed the pickguard and lost it so I am looking for a replacement.

Can owners buy these direct from Gibson customer service? If so, can someone pass me contact information for the Bozeman CS dept.

I had tried to go through the customer support links on Gibson's main website a while back and wasn't too successful.

TIA.

Thanks. The only Gibson dealer near me is GC. I guess i will send an e-mail inquiry out to FQMS, Fuller's or Music Villa.

Does a replacement pick guard come with adhesive so all I would have to do is peel off a backing strip and stick it on or is it something I should have a guitar tech install?

A new pickguard should come with the adhesive, but it's not that big of a problem if it doesn't. Any tech should have some. You might find that one from Gibson may be a little pricey. If so, there are a couple of after market places to get a pickguard. The only problem is making sure it fits correctly. If you're interested in any of those locations, send me a PM and I'll be glad to give you the web addresses.

Archived