Gibson Brands Forums

Question for twanged

hawkfanatic

I saw that you changed to duncans. I already redid the electronics with quality american parts (including 500k CTS) and tweaked a treble bleed circuit till everything is just right for me. But while i'm ok with the pickups, i do feel the guitar can be greatly improved in that regard. But you seems to have insinuated that you felt the pots and switch and all that were what made a big difference in the tone. Am i reading your post wrong, and don't you think the duncans were responsible for the majority of improvement? And which duncans did you use. I know they have a JB and a PAF style for the slanted bridge. They are rather expensive and if i don't like them i'll likely never find a buyer, so it would be money lost. therefore i'd really appreciate some more detailed insight into your findings. For me, the treble bleed and one other tweak i did is what made things much better But the inherent tone of the pickups remains and I think theres big improvements to be had. Just wondering if the only option, the duncans, is just that and if so which. Thanks.

Archived