Gibson Brands Forums

Torn between 2 Epi EJs, please help.

20_Gauge

Ok, the 2 EJs that I've got my eyes locked on are the EJ-200 Artist(Natural) for $199 & the EJ-200(Ebony) for $399. My 1st line of thinkin' was buyin' the EJ Artist first('cause of the lower cost & I could get my hands on $200 quicker) to learn on & buy the Ebony EJ later this year. Now I'm rethinkin' that 'cause on the Epi site the EJ-200 is listed under "out of production" but the EJ Artist is still listed on their "acoustics" page(guessin' that means it's in full production). I don't know which to snatch up 1st, the EJ Artist is listed as a "limited Edition"(so I don't know how long I'll hev the chance to get this acoustic) but I don't wanna miss the chance to get the black EJ-200(similar to the J-200 that my boy Jason Aldean plays). Help, please.

Limited Editions are usually not that "Limited". And even though the EJ-200 is now out of production, there will still be enough on the 2nd hand market. It's up to you really. I have an EJ-200 and i love it, it's a great guitar!

Limited Editions are usually not that "Limited". And even though the EJ-200 is now out of production, there will still be enough on the 2nd hand market. It's up to you really. I have an EJ-200 and i love it, it's a great guitar!

Great news, JB. Yeah, that "limited edition" was stickin' in my head. Thanks for explainin' that there not that"limited". As a big Country Music buff, I've always admired/wanted an EJ-200(Artist & Original). I got a few deals workin, so I might be gettin enough money to go ahead & get a new Ebony EJ-200. I'll shoot for the Artist in a couple months.

I think the EJ-200 is too expensive for a newbie. I would take the "Artist". It´s good enough in my opinion. And no one knows if you play guitar in a year yet.

Good, logical point, Fan. It is a steep price(in my opinion too), I just didn't want to miss that Ebony EJ-200 (bein that it's gettin' phased out) but as JB point out, I'll prob'ly still be able to find 2nd hand EJs for sometime online to purchase later.

Thanks for makin' me see the smart/practical choice, Fan. 'Ppreciate it!

As soon as I get the $$, I'm goin' w/ the Artist Natural.

My recommendation would be to find a good used EJ200. I've seen them go for as low $200.00 plus shipping, even Ebony EJ-200's. (Note: I am not referring factory seconds or refurbs.)

I watched prices used EJ-200's for a long time looking for a mate for my ebony EJ-212. I didn't buy only because I decided against a jumbo 6 string.

Jay

Good, logical point, Fan. It is a steep price(in my opinion too), I just didn't want to miss that Ebony EJ-200 (bein that it's gettin' phased out) but as JB point out, I'll prob'ly still be able to find 2nd hand EJs for sometime online to purchase later.

Thanks for makin' me see the smart/practical choice, Fan. 'Ppreciate it!

As soon as I get the $$, I'm goin' w/ the Artist Natural.

My recommendation would be to find a good used EJ200. I've seen them go for as low $200.00 plus shipping, even Ebony EJ-200's. (Note: I am not referring factory seconds or refurbs.)

I watched prices used EJ-200's for a long time looking for a mate for my ebony EJ-212. I didn't buy only because I decided against a jumbo 6 string.

Jay

Thanks for the suggestion, Jay.

Yeah, I was already givin' serious thought to buyin'(when I do) a used Ebony EJ-200. Thanks for assuring me it is a smart way to go.

I've decided to buy the Natural EJ Artist first, I want an Ebony & a Natural finish EJ & I like the shell colored pickguard on the Natural Artist vs the Natural EJ.

Archived