Gibson Brands Forums

Someone sells a nighthawk middle p/u !

hawkfanatic

I'm posting this for others, as I actually like the middle p/u. In fact, of the 3 it's the only one i'm not looking to replace. Not so sure this one worth considering, but since it's probably the only replacement option i figured i should post it here. The reason i say i'm not sure it's worth considering is that i am suspicious as to whether this is truly a upgrade of just the same one that comes in the guitar which he was able to source form the asian company that makes them for epi. The reason i'm suspicious of that is it measures the same resistance as the one in the nighthawk, and his p/u's are so cheap. At $36 i gotta think he may has simply sourced the stock p/u. But at $36 it may be worth a shot to anyone looking for one and willing to chance it. Or for anyone who's stock middle stopped working. Anyone wanna be the guinea pig? Anyways, scroll to the bottom of this page...

http://www.bensoncustom.com/services.html

Cool! I've been googling that middle pup for weeks. Guess I'll go ahead and guinea pig it. Now if I could just find that bridge... Been thinking about just having it set up for a TOM, and putting a vibramate and Bigsby on it, but don't know if I want to change it up that much.

definitely post back with a review ! I'm happy with the stock one, but if it happens to be considerably better and you can describe how, i may just give it a go. Really want a different bridge tho, and the duncan offerings i don't think will do. Don't like the JB and i have read several times they are hit or miss in gibson style guitars. And the 59 will be too low an output.

Also, be on the lookout for a bridge pickup from Rio Grande. Dave Wintz, the president of Rio Grande pickups and Robin guitars, told me he's been wanting to make a Nighthawk bridge pickup for a long time, and if I brought him one, he'd use it for a pattern and make me one for free. So, mine is in his shop (probably ready by now, but I've been out of the country for a week). Don't have any idea when he's gonna have them ready for the general public, though, or if it's gonna be a special-order deal.

Archived