Gibson Brands Forums

Neck Profiles Comparision?

jbear

Hey All.

I am looking at 335's and 339's locally and the 339 is around in 30/60 and the 335 is around in the slim 60's. I am curious about the fatter (59?) profiles, but I cannot find them to try. Can anyone tell me how that fatter profile compares to the SG Std's "SG Rounded" profile? I had one of those that I just sold. It was a bit on the thick side but I did like it. Also tried an ES 137 just for the heck of it...really liked that profile and would love it on a 335. Is the 50's 335 profile much fatter than that 137 neck? The Gibson website is less than helpful in this regard as the descriptions are not consistent unless it's just me.

Really appreciate any input!

Thanks for that. I'd love to know if that 50's profile the same as what the Gibson site calls "SG Rounded?" When I tried the 137 it was fatter than the 60's profile of the 335 but not nearly as fat as the SG that I had. The Gibson site doesn't say what the 137 profile is.

I found this comparison shot. Having played Les Pauls with both profiles, I can say the 50's profile feels a lot bigger in the hand than it looks on paper.

7a86ccf1.jpg

Archived