Gibson Brands Forums

Basic help to a new owner of Ltd Ed Les Paul Studio Deluxe

SpringsRubicon

So in a sort of unplanned manner, I just picked up a new Epiphone Ltd Ed Les Paul Studio Deluxe (Silverburst) from the local Guitar Center. I love how this guitar sounds and how it feels. I have no criticisms of it. I'm new to guitars and this is my first electric, however.

Guitar Center sent me out the door with the case I bought, the guitar, the strap I picked up, a $25 cord and my amp. When I asked about any sort of owner's manual, they said there was nothing like that. This was during my lunch hour and I didn't have a lot of time.

Now I come to this forum and discover at the top a thread that says "What Comes With A New Epiphone Guitar." I didn't receive a manual, warranty card, cord or wrench. I'm pretty frustrated with them over this, especially the cord and manual. I'll go back on Saturday and speak with them.

In the mean time, now that I've vented some frustration, can someone answer a few quick, basic questions for a noob?

1. Function of the switch.

2. Function of each of the four knobs.

I take full responsibility for walking out of there without this information, though I think a truly customer service oriented sales guy would have covered that and mentioned the basics.

I also know my questions are basic. I'm messing with each knob and the switch to learn how the guitar sound changes, but I'd like to hear how each is intended to be used.

Thanks for any help!

So in a sort of unplanned manner, I just picked up a new Epiphone Ltd Ed Les Paul Studio Deluxe (Silverburst) from the local Guitar Center. I love how this guitar sounds and how it feels. I have no criticisms of it. I'm new to guitars and this is my first electric, however.

Guitar Center sent me out the door with the case I bought, the guitar, the strap I picked up, a $25 cord and my amp. When I asked about any sort of owner's manual, they said there was nothing like that. This was during my lunch hour and I didn't have a lot of time.

Now I come to this forum and discover at the top a thread that says "What Comes With A New Epiphone Guitar." I didn't receive a manual, warranty card, cord or wrench. I'm pretty frustrated with them over this, especially the cord and manual. I'll go back on Saturday and speak with them.

In the mean time, now that I've vented some frustration, can someone answer a few quick, basic questions for a noob?

1. Function of the switch.

2. Function of each of the four knobs.

I take full responsibility for walking out of there without this information, though I think a truly customer service oriented sales guy would have covered that and mentioned the basics.

I also know my questions are basic. I'm messing with each knob and the switch to learn how the guitar sound changes, but I'd like to hear how each is intended to be used.

Thanks for any help!

there is certainly some dufuss'es [bored] that are at GC!I'd get the mgr.by the short hairs and tell him about it!the manual pretty much has the basics! the sw.changes between the 2 pups. up is rear only. mid pos. is both pups.down is front pup! the 2 front dials are volume, the 2 rears are for tone! ea.one for ea pup! [wink]

That is pretty much Guitar Center's modus operandi for any guitar that isnt still in its box. You have to press them to get the sales reps to cough that stuff up...if they even have any of it anymore. Of course, they act like its no big deal and just standard operations. I dont think this will change unless Epiphone really gets on them about it.

Hey thanks for the info, all. And thanks for not flaming! I grabbed that manual - that'll help a lot.

I'll be in to speak with the manager at GC.

I have a humidifier for my acoustic (Colorado is very dry). Do I need to worry about anything like that with my electric if it's out on a stand? And what about static electricity.

Thanks!

Archived