Gibson Brands Forums

Help with a Les Paul Custom 1983

ozrichie

Hello guys

I'm new in this forum

I own several Gibsons but it is my first time buying a Gibson Les Paul Custom

I'm attaching a couple of pics of the guitar that i'm about to buy, i like it but for some reason i'm not sure if it is authentic or not

the body seems to be bigger than the other lp's custom and also the headstock in the back has a weird shape, i have an lp classic and that part does not look the same

it is supposedly a 1983 LP Custom, pickups are not original

serial # 81203392

matches the year the seller told me, he is asking me $1900 for it

any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance!!!

post-41050-028827900 1330150856_thumb.jpg

post-41050-093960300 1330150895_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info Sebas

I ended buying the guitar, Just love it , it's a player guitar, the guy changed the pickups, tuning pegs and took out the pick guard, the sound is amazing it totally overpowers my gibson les paul classic and my gibson explorer.

Thank you guys for the feedback and comments!!

Well I'm glad you are happy with your guitar!!

Congrats!!

Thanks for the info Sebas

I ended buying the guitar, Just love it , it's a player guitar, the guy changed the pickups, tuning pegs and took out the pick guard, the sound is amazing it totally overpowers my gibson les paul classic and my gibson explorer.

Thank you guys for the feedback and comments!!

100% legit.............Some thoughts and facts.....That's a "volute" on the headstock....Some hate those, I love them.....

Also, yours is a one piece back ( from the one photo )......Also, notice, it has a MAPLE neck...IMHO, MUCH better on Les Pauls than mahogany necks...

I'll buy that from you any time...........Damian..........Oh, and, great price, great find, and congrats...........

Thank you Damian!!!

that was the information i was looking for!!, the guitar plays amazing, i can't put it down, I was always scared with my gibsons to leave them in guitar stands for that reason, I heard several times that specific spot in the neck breaks really easy, also heard once broken an re glued they even sound better, not sure on that one tough!!

Thanks again!!

Headstock breaks can be repaired on LPs, the result usually being a loss in value......

I love the look and feel of the volutes, and IMHO they add weight to the neck, and are very comfy as well........

Gibson's current "Classic Customs" come close to the "look" of your LP, but, they don't have the maple necks..........

Once again, uber congrats on your LPC.....Yeah, I'd play that thing more than any of my many LPs;

Just from looking at it, I can tell it oozes tone and mojo...........[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ............

Archived