Gibson Brands Forums

St. Louis Roll Call

L5Larry

There seems to be about 20 members here on the Gibson boards from the St. Louis area, so here's an opportunity for a face-to-face that involves live music AND Gibson guitars.

Winter rehearsals are finally over, and our spring/summer jazz Big Band season opens this Wednesday. Yours truly (L5Larry) AND my L-5, will be on public display, holding down the rhythm section of the 24-piece jazz orchestra. Come on out and join the madness.

Meramec Jazz Band

Wednesday, February 29th (Leap Day), 2012

8:00 p.m.

The Black Cat Theatre

2810 Sutton

Maplewood, MO

Tickets $10, $5 with student ID, available at the door.

http://blackcattheatre.org/Special_Events.html

The Black Cat Theatre is a cabaret style theater (table seating) with plenty of free parking and cash bar. Doors open at 7:30. The room fills up pretty quick, so come early for the best choice in seating.

Shameless bump.

Dress rehearsal last night was pretty painful, but a bad dress rehearsal ALWAYS makes for a good show....doesn't it?

We're having to use our "understudy" drummer for this concert, our regular drummer was hired away for a week long stage play run. I just can't understand why he wouldn't give up a full weeks pay for a one nighter with us???

With the fill-in drummer I'm really having to drive the rhythm section, which takes away from my concentration (and fun factor) of just being the "guitar player". Anyway, the play list is good, I've got a couple of nice solos, and another couple of "features".

Come on out and support live music in St. Louis, this concert is going to be quite an adventure.

Archived