Gibson Brands Forums

Is this guitar still sold regularly by Gibson?

Brown Rug

It's a les paul Custom. Unfortunately, according to the website, they don't make them in that finish any more.

Musiciansfriend get lots of different limited runs, so keep watching and you might get lucky.

Alternatively, check ebay for secondhand ones.

I know your pain. I've been trying to get a les paul standard in tobacco burst for years.

It's crap that a S*** guitarist (dude from snow patrol. Terrible band IMO) has one... Always annoys me to see amatuers playing nice guitars in hard to find finishes.

I'm an amatuer and I own several nice Les Pauls in hard to find finishes.

All it takes is a fist full of money and an unwavering attention to sales sites.

When I was young, I was poor. Now I'm old and not so poor. I buy what I like and sometimes sell it to others who like it more.

By the way I've got a beautiful '75 Tobacco Burst :)

"I'm an amatuer and I own several nice Les Pauls in hard to find finishes."

Sorry, I meant to say mediocre... I'm a fairly competent Hard rock, blues and metal guitarist.

When i was about 17, I was pretty much a Slash impersonator. Knew every GNR + Slash's snakepit song + Solo note for note. Now (I'm 21) thanks to the likes of Gary Moore, John Sykes, Scott Gorham, Brian Robertson, Jimmy Page, Steve Morse Randy Rhoads etc, my style is a little more diverse.

"When I was young, I was poor. Now I'm old and not so poor. I buy what I like and sometimes sell it to others who like it more."

I've got a mate who owns a tobacco burst. I wish he had your attitude. He loves my goldtop, but i think he's trying to get some cash outta me. I already offered him my goldtop and £400 for it.

"By the way I've got a beautiful '75 Tobacco Burst :D "

B******!!! Nothing personal, I'm just jealous.

"how much do you guys think it would cost for me to get a les paul custom with that finish from the custom shop? "

No Idea. They might not do it. They're kinda funny about certain finishes now. I live in the uk, A les paul custom costs £1899 here. I imagine it would be a few hundred pounds extra.

There's a Gibson custom forum on here. They have an administrator who answers general queries on orders.

That's probably your best bet.

Archived