Gibson Brands Forums

Tunomatic Bridge

nonetosuffer

Down to my last hope to try and figure this out, so if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I have a Gibson Explorer I bought off my buddy about 2 years ago. Things were going fine until the saddles started to rip my strings apart. I tried to replace them at the time and to no avail or help from "guitar techs" from the local shop in my area could I find the right size. I settled for what I had and eventually put the guitar in hiding. I have some time now so I wanna get this solved. All gear is suppose to be original so ill start with the serial number of the explorer (91401713) and the bridge has a Gibson pat.no 2740313 on it. I don't what bridge it is exactly so I don't know what saddles to get. If anyone can help, please don't hesitate.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what you mean by ripping your strings apart but, you may just need to raise the tailpiece screws and let some of the presure off of the saddles which will make the angle of the strings from the bridge to the stop tail piece less and will probably not be so harsh on them at the same time. Also you should have just a regular tune o matice bridge. I am sure stewart mac sells some saddles and you can try graph tech saddles also. Your bridge should just be a standard Gibson bridge, Tim

Archived