Gibson Brands Forums

EJ 200 ce

wootpow

I purchased my EJ 200ce last July and do like the sound with the correct strings. As of lately my built in tuner don't tune my guitar correct,I have to fine tune by ear or with the Shark tuner.I had no issues before so I was wondering if their was anything I can do besides having it replaced. Preamp.jpg

Did the tuning problem happen after replacing the strings?

If the saddle is not sitting correctly you'll have problems. You can check this by plugging the guitar into an amp and lightly tapping on the saddle next each string with a pick. You should hear the same amount of sound from each tap next to each string. If you don't then the saddle is not seated correctly. Also check to see if shims were installed under the saddle. The shims are to adjust for string action/height, but should be under the pickup and not between the saddle and pickup. Hope that helps, good luck.

Thanks RIX I changed the synthetic bone saddle for a bone a while ago but the new bone was a bit snug. I just replaced it back and all is fine now so I'll have to shave the bone a small amount more and all should be fine.Thanks again!

Archived