Gibson Brands Forums

Technical ??? Regarding amp and foot pedal

Shade71

Hi everyone new here. Just started playing recently and have an SG faded cherry. I have a marshall mg30 fx amp and have an ibanez distortion pedal hooked up. Everytime I turn the footswitch on I get nothing, no sound at all, through all four channels. Ive tried both jacks on the amp. Any help is appreciated.

Hi everyone new here. Just started playing recently and have an SG faded cherry. I have a marshall mg30 fx amp and have an ibanez distortion pedal hooked up. Everytime I turn the footswitch on I get nothing, no sound at all, through all four channels. Ive tried both jacks on the amp. Any help is appreciated.

The footswitch for the amp or the pedal? How is the pedal connected - guitar to pedal to amp or using the amp's effects loop? Does the pedal need a (new) battery? Is the level control on the pedal turned too low?

Could be any number of things. When I don't get any sound it's usually because I left the amp in standby or I did something stupid with the pedal, like plugged it into the amp backwards or forgot to give it power. Pedals tend to have the input on the right and the output on the left, which is counterintuitive, I think, to English-speaking people who expect things to go from left to right.

Thanks man. Had the inputs mixed up. Another problem Im having is using my boss tu-80 tuner it shows the incorrect string and note on the 1-4 strings. Its set for guitar and Im jacking into it, clearly labeled input. Any clue why its doing this?

Thanks man. Had the inputs mixed up. Another problem Im having is using my boss tu-80 tuner it shows the incorrect string and note on the 1-4 strings. Its set for guitar and Im jacking into it, clearly labeled input. Any clue why its doing this?

Are you using the bridge p/u for tuning?

Nevermind I figured it out. Guess I thought the tuner was holding my hand. Just played with loosening and tightening strings until it showed the proper notes for the strings. Eddie ate dynamite, good bye eddie. Yeah Im a noob. Probably the first time its been in tune for the two weeks Ive had it, and I thought it sounded good before....

Archived