Gibson Brands Forums

Help find the year and make

asinner2

Here is a link to my Epiphone (Crestwood?) I have looked high and low for an exact unit but cannot seem to pin it down. There are a few things I cannot find in the Crestwood/Wilshire/ET line: The headstock is tapered from the top down. Most are asymmetrical or larger at the bottom than the top. Also, the neck is bound and flush with the back. Most are bolt on with a plate or bonded but offset. and lastly, the tuners have an "E" on them. I know most people don't photo from the back but the ones I have seen never have this.

Can anyone here tell me what model and year this is? Sorry to ask the same question everyone else does :|

asinner2

It is a Japanese Wilshire made from 1975-1979. It is not part of the ET-Series and was made for the Japanese Domestic Market only. These Japanese Domestic Market guitars were built to much higher standards than the ET-Series guitars and are easily recognizable by the set neck and elongated headstock. The ET guitars had bolt-on necks and the shorter, open-book style headstock.

http://www.epiphonew...oku.2C_Japan.29

Dude, thank you very much. While I was hoping it was older, it is still nice to know what it is. Either way at 33+ years old, it is still pretty sweet.

Well, if it is any consolation, they are pretty rare. These were meant to only be sold in Japan, so finding one anywhere else is pure luck. And they were only made for four years at that.

Congrats on the guitar. It is pretty awesome.

Archived