Gibson Brands Forums

neck racks

blindboygrunt

i've been practicing playing harmonica with a neck rack .... the harp slots in between the two sprung bars ok? then there are two little L shaped brackets that stop the harp pushing out and falling on the floor in front of you ... if these brackets are sitting at 90 degrees then the 'lips' part of the harp is too close to the top and bottom bars .

the rack i think is hohner , anyone got the same problem ? anyone see it as a problem ? or even know what the hell i'm talking about? :-)

if i spend money on a better neck rack will i have more 'lip room' on the exposed bit of the harmonica ?

and also ... what should i do about all these cats that appear at my window when i practice ?? :-P

Have the L shaped things not at 90 degress...? Is that what you mean - the harmonica is going too far back? So try and get the L brackets to stop it from going that far.....maybe....kinda...

I don't have this problem, unless I do, and don't see it as a problem. Although to be fair I'm not at all sure what you mean [cursing]

Have the L shaped things not at 90 degress...? Is that what you mean - the harmonica is going too far back? So try and get the L brackets to stop it from going that far.....maybe....kinda...

I don't have this problem, unless I do, and don't see it as a problem. Although to be fair I'm not at all sure what you mean [cursing]

lol , yeah , sorry

you got it though . i'll probably take the rack out to the shed and modify it with pliers or somethin ,

it goes to far into the rack .

i'll take photos when i get home from work , but i think you got the jist of what my problem is

Archived