Gibson Brands Forums

Is this a ligitmate Sheratone Headstock

COLD_RUSH-28-

So a friends sent this to me and is trying to sale it to me. I have been looking for a "By Gibson" headstock sheraton for a long time now and this looks to good to be true. He says it is an 80. What i notice though is the way the Epiphone is written. I have never seen that particualr decal. It is either the Rounded epiphon or the Scripted epiphone. This is a large print E likei have seen on no other headstock. My question is before i blow the money onit is it a legitimate epiphoneor copy. I also notice it has a white sticker on the back of the headstock which is how they mark modern epiphones. Anyone have an idea on this one???

post-41736-083226300 1332025949_thumb.jpg

post-41736-082516600 1332025956_thumb.jpg

So a friends sent this to me and is trying to sale it to me. I have been looking for a "By Gibson" headstock sheraton for a long time now and this looks to good to be true. He says it is an 80. What i notice though is the way the Epiphone is written. I have never seen that particualr decal. It is either the Rounded epiphon or the Scripted epiphone. This is a large print E likei have seen on no other headstock. My question is before i blow the money onit is it a legitimate epiphoneor copy. I also notice it has a white sticker on the back of the headstock which is how they mark modern epiphones. Anyone have an idea on this one???

Hi, I bought one G by S in Swiss in 1987 I think, it has good sound.I never seen headstock sheraton like yours.

Archived