Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Gibson Explorer Studio '03

6stings

post-51956-031081600 1356416907_thumb.jpeg

Congratulations!

It's interesting that it has standard humbuckers. Except for the Ash version, all of them came with minibuckers.

I have no idea why they were discontinued, Gibson made some other Xplorers with smaller bodies and standard humbuckers later.

6stings,Thanks.

How can you tell the different from the standard and mini humbucker pickups

I paid about USD 650 and almost mint except for the tune bridge, the chrome coat wearing out.

post-51956-031081600 1356416907_thumb.jpeg

6stings,Thanks.

How can you tell the different from the standard and mini humbucker pickups

I paid about USD 650 and almost mint except for the tune bridge, the chrome coat wearing out.

Check the picture of my xplorer studio up in the thread, you'll see mini humbuckers. They sound different then the full size humbuckers, more clear. If you google explorer studio you can find the pics of all models on zzsound site, they are discontinued of course, but still on the site...

The price you payed was fair, they sell for 500-1000, depending on condition.

I replaced the tune-o-matic bridge on mine with Compton Compensated bridge, no more buzzing or rattling:))

Check the picture of my xplorer studio up in the thread, you'll see mini humbuckers. They sound different then the full size humbuckers, more clear. If you google explorer studio you can find the pics of all models on zzsound site, they are discontinued of course, but still on the site...

The price you payed was fair, they sell for 500-1000, depending on condition.

I replaced the tune-o-matic bridge on mine with Compton Compensated bridge, no more buzzing or rattling:))

Thanks again

Yes I can see the different between the standard and mini pickups

This guitar feels good and sound well too

I will try to google for more info into this model. Please share if you come across more articles in relate to this model Xplorer vs Explorer

Thks

Archived