Gibson Brands Forums

an oldie but a goodie

DLaz

Hey all, New here but not to Epiphone guitars. I've had this Scroll model since 1979, bought it off a kid in the neighborhood for a whoppin' $40, and have hung on to it ever since. I took the liberty of a couple mods, a Dimarzio 2N pickup in the bridge for a little more bite and squawk, along with a coil tap switch and new brass pickup switch and gold schaller keys. It still has the original finish, and a 2 octave neck which is slim as all get out. I couldn't find any info on decifering the serial number though- its on a sticker on the neck plate- Japan-05780313. Anyone got any idea on year of build, I'm guessing '75. Also own a heritage cherry 6/12 string and a vintage sunburst Sheraton 2, which I love to death, the thing plays well and sings like a bird, along with a Sigma acoustic, a charvel acoustic, a Seagull 12 string acoustic made outta cedar, a Strat Deluxe, and a Carvin DC200 Koa. Amps: a Hughs and Kettner 1/2 stack, and a vox 50 watt practice amp. Tried to upload a pic, but file too big.

Here is some info on the scroll series.

They were made from '76-'79

I've always thought they were kinda cool, though they aren't the most common of Epis. [thumbup]

Thanx for the informative link! The first picture is my guitar! An SC350! Yeah it is a rarity, I've only seen one other like it and it was at a music store in Chicago, years ago it was a blonde model though. I love mine and still play it, its got the weight of an SG but with a full 2 octave neck.

Thanx for the informative link! The first picture is my guitar! An SC350! Yeah it is a rarity, I've only seen one other like it and it was at a music store in Chicago, years ago it was a blonde model though. I love mine and still play it, its got the weight of an SG but with a full 2 octave neck.

Yeah, I've never gotten to see one in person. [thumbdn] They do look cool though.

This might help you to get more info on when it was made, though I don't know if that info applies to guitars from that time period...

Yeah, I've never gotten to see one in person. [thumbdn] They do look cool though.

This might help you to get more info on when it was made, though I don't know if that info applies to guitars from that time period...

Nope, still no info on my particular guitar, they're so uncommon and were only produced for 3 years, I guess they never had the wow factor of the others that were available at the time.

Archived