Gibson Brands Forums

This may have been asked 339 or 335

cheesehead

I am debating on which to buy. Big problem no one local has a 339 in stock, but one store over an hour away has a 335. I really want to try before I buy, but also dont feel like makin the trip for nothing. I have a Strat and do find it kinda small, but like the sound. I want a double humbucker guitar and love the sound of a semi hollow.

By the way I am new here and wanna say Hi and thanks for any help.

Hiya cheesehead, +1 for trying each one out.

Both those guitars are a completely different shape and sound to the Strat (obviously),but the 339 would be the one I'd go for as it's got coil splitting, plus a nanomag pickup if you choose the ultra version.

The only fault I can find is the lack of a forearm chamfer, but that's all.

They're excellent guitars for the money, especially now they've sorted the wiring problem out.

Hello and welcome..

For me (and not trying to be difficult :)) I would go for a 336.. ive tried one and it was just amazing

It depends on what type of neck you like and how big you like your guitars.. For me the jumbo jazz guitars dont really do it, which is why I like the 336 its more Les Paul sized.. So as suggested, best thing to do is just try as many as you can.. One will jump out at you.. and to show size difference I found this (they arent mine, I wish :))

ddddd.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. Just had Allyouneedmusic confirm shipping date for the 339, it doesn't ship until late september. Why does Epiphone offer guitars that you can't buy for 3 months to a year? Will probably check out other brands that have affordable semi hollows instead of waiting.

Archived