Gibson Brands Forums

Masterbuilt AJ-500R Truss rod adjustment wrench?

EpiAlan

Does anyone know for sure WHAT SIZE TRUSS ROD WRENCH is needed to adjust a Masterbuilt AJ-500R? Is it an Allen wrench or Hex wrench and the size such as MM etc.? My Martin, Taylor, gibson, and Epi all require different size wrenches for truss rod adjustment, and I have one for each but rearely need to use them. But I would like to have a Masterbuilt tool for trust rod adjustment on hand, for occasional seasonal tweaking of the neck. So I am interested in knowing the specific type and size truss wrench I would need. I can not seem to find any information for the size I need. Thanks all!

Hi,

The following info below should help. The Epiphone nuts are hexagon shaped:

Electrics and Archtops have a 4.0mm nut on the truss rod.

Acoustics have a 5.0mm nut.

Masterbilts have a 4.0mm nut

Basses have a either a 4.0mm or a 5.0mm nut, depending on the model

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Stijn

Hi,

The following info below should help. The Epiphone nuts are hexagon shaped:

Electrics and Archtops have a 4.0mm nut on the truss rod.

Acoustics have a 5.0mm nut.

Masterbilts have a 4.0mm nut

Basses have a either a 4.0mm or a 5.0mm nut, depending on the model

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Stijn

Thanks, from what you wrote then, I would assume that the Masterbuilt uses the same truss rod wrench as my Epiphone AJ220SCE --- which uses a 4MM Allen wrench for truss rod adjustment so I may not need to buy one. If it does take a 5MM, I already have one of those for my Martin J-40

Correct; it would also be the 4.0 mm nut.

Great, and thanks so much for this helpful info on the truss rod tool. I just LOVE my Epi Masterbuilt AJ-500R, and also my Epi AJ220SCE. They are both WONDERFUL guitars with delicious tone, and like all my guitars, they are kept in perfect condition.Thanks again.

Archived