Gibson Brands Forums

ES-330TD serial 511642 Neck at 19th fret

Jr Hampton

I just started giving guitar lessons to a girl.. She has the above mentioned guitar. Says she got it from her uncle.

I think she might have a collectable on her hands.. really good shape with the case. Can anyone tell me if I should keep giving her lesson on it or tell her to put it away..... I would hate to screw up a collectable... I read on the net that the "long neck" had a tendancy to "FOLD" ???? HELP PLEASE ! :)

Any older Gibson is "collectible". Keep giving her lessons on it and counsel her to take care of it. Guitars are meant to be used and played, not placed in glass cases and stared at. It's a good instrument and could last her a lifetime.

Don't believe everything you read on the net about guitars' weak spots. All it takes is one bad thing to happen and the rumors spread like wildfire.

Any older Gibson is "collectible". Keep giving her lessons on it and counsel her to take care of it. Guitars are meant to be used and played' date=' not placed in glass cases and stared at. It's a good instrument and could last her a lifetime.

Don't believe everything you read on the net about guitars' weak spots. All it takes is one bad thing to happen and the rumors spread like wildfire.[/quote']

Any idea onn the value ? Is the 16th frt neck more valuable ? I am thinking 3-4K ?

The market is volatile. I wouldn't trust a value estimate posted by anyone on a discussion board and I don't trust appraisals by Gruhn, etc.... they seem to be inflated for insurance purposes. If you are willing to pay George Gruhn $50 for a professional appraisal, take the dollar figure he states and multiply it by about 0.6.

Archived