Gibson Brands Forums

Blues Custom 30 Amp

I have a Fender 40 watt Custom Vibrolux Reverb / Vibroverb. I am looking for a second amp for presence & stereo effect. Can I get some reviews from you guys on The Epi Blues Custom 30? I play a lot of Old Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green Stuff)(Clapton/Winwood)"SRV" The 3 "Crossroads" DVD players. Blues & Rock. Oldies & Standards. How do these amps stack up?

I've heard the Blues Custom works well and is/was cheap...MIC...people often upgrade the valves for better response...

Other ways to go stereo...

Roland Cube 80

Fender Deluxe

Laney VC 30

Vox AC 30...etc

All have their pros and cons...depends how much money is in the pot....

V

:-({|=

I was hoping to get get some "hands-on" reviews of the Epi "Blues Custom 30 Amp" from players who own one. A tube rectifier & (5) 12AX7's plus (2) 6L6's make for a healthy class A 15 watts. 30 watts AB. I cannot afford an AC-30. I've owned one HI-Watt but am not a British Amp guy. I wouldn't turn down a 45 watt Marshall JTM amp. I may just go with the tried and true Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue 22 watts.

Will post a comprehensive review of my BC30 tomorrow for you. I'll try and be objective where I need to be and in all other areas it's simply my opinion.

Gotta say it's an awesome amp for the bucks.

Archived