Gibson Brands Forums

Value of 2007 SG Standard Silverburst - GOTW

aeroslepperin

hey, a buddy of mine was interested in buying my 2007 silverburst SG Standard and i'm starting to consider it...i just have no idea what they're worth. i've been eyeing ebay for a while but have only seen 2010's and robots in silverburst.

i've been really convincing myself that i want a '61 reissue in white, but if the silverburst won't get me most of the way there, i don't think i'm interested in selling.

any input would be great, thanks!

In 2007 the MSRP for the GOW SG Standard with silverburst finish was $1699. There were no more than 400 of these built. It might be worth contacting a vintage dealer like www.gruhn.com or www.mandoweb.com to arrange having an appraisal done. That way you would have documented current value for insurance and resale purposes.

In 2007 the MSRP for the GOW SG Standard with silverburst finish was $1699. There were no more than 400 of these built. It might be worth contacting a vintage dealer like www.gruhn.com or www.mandoweb.com to arrange having an appraisal done. That way you would have documented current value for insurance and resale purposes.

not a bad idea, i actually have an email from gibson saying that less than 180 of these were available to the public...which i suppose, if true, is just another reason to think twice about selling it, i suppose.

These aren't really worth that much more than a regular SG Standard even though people ask way too much for them. I bought and sold one for about $900. A huge downside to these particular SGs is that they have Grovers and that can make the neck very heavy. The only reason I sold mine was because of that neck dive. The nice thing about them is that they do have ebony boards.

These aren't really worth that much more than a regular SG Standard even though people ask way too much for them. I bought and sold one for about $900. A huge downside to these particular SGs is that they have Grovers and that can make the neck very heavy. The only reason I sold mine was because of that neck dive. The nice thing about them is that they do have ebony boards.

That's sort of what I recalled seeing a few years back when I was paying more attention and they were showing up more frequently.

Is Gibson still using Ebony? I thought I heard or read that the newer models were using other materials. (I just checked a few models on the main site and didn't see any ebony).

Archived