Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Posi-lok strap buttons

GPNfan

Yester day I bought the lst set of Gibson: Posi-lok strap buttons my local shop had and asked if they could get more and was told that these come from another shop that had went out of business and my local shop bought their remaining stock. So I came home and was looking on the internet to see if I could find anymore or any info at all really. I knew that they came on Gibsons in the 80's because they're on my Sonex 180 Deluxe. But I was kinda surprised to see see one person saying they where either used between 1980 and 1984 or they where only made between 1980 and 1984. The set I bought(see picture) looks like the package is in to good of shape to be at least 28 years old.

IMG_2927.jpg

The light I took the picture in makes the package look more yellow or aged that it really is. And when I used a flash there was way to much shine on the package and the pictures where no good.

I'm guessing these are no longer made because I can't find them at all in the Gibson store or any of the sites like Musicians Friend or Guitar Center. If these aren't made any more why did Gibson quit making them? Thanks for any help help.

Archived