Gibson Brands Forums

My new 1997 Les Paul lefty

mitcher16

Hi there, I am new to this forum so first of all would like to say Hi to everyone!

I have received some great information here because I was looking to expand my guitar collection by purchasing an Epiphone Les Paul.

I am a lefty so it has taken quite a while to find a used one that I was going to be happy with and after months and months of looking around I was finally able to find one!

I picked up a 1997 Les Paul with a serial number starting with U so I imagine it would be from the Unsung plant in Korea.

Anyways, the guy hardly touched it since he bought it new in the late 90's.

It is in mint condition and the bridge pick has even been upgraded.

Anyways, I am glad to be a part of the Les Paul club now and thanks again to everyone for all the great info here!!

post-47037-036453100 1347297331_thumb.jpg

post-47037-001776800 1347297355_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

And welcome to the Flame Top club! That is a beautiful guitar you have there. [thumbup]

I also have a '97 LP Flame Top, in blue. Look over at my avatar.

Mine is also made in Korea at the Unsung factory. They must be kinfolk! [biggrin]

Hey, does yours have a "Limited Edition" stamp on the back of the headstock? Like below? :-k

DSC00106-2-1.jpg

Thanks and by the way I love your blue Les Paul!!

That would have been my color of choice but being a lefty my options are very limited.

I will double check tonight but I am pretty sure there was just the serial number and nothing else.

I will add to this post if there is...

Cheers [thumbup]

Archived