Gibson Brands Forums

2012 Studio Tuners

Switch

So last week I got my first Les Paul - 2012 Studio in pelham blue. Amazing guitar, extremely happy that I pulled the trigger and went for it. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of are the tuner buttons.. I like the vintage style of the tuners, just not that butterscotch snotty color of the buttons. I can see where some might like the look, but I think that I'm a chrome button kinda guy. The tuners that came on it are Kluson Deluxe with the hex nut and the ones I've been looking at replacing them with are the Kluson TPKBM-C. Same style, slightly lower ratio, different button. As far as I can tell these should be a direct replacement but I wanted to check and see if anybody could verify this for me as I'm not very knowledgeable with this kinda thing. Anybody know or have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Planet Waves Auto Trim Locking Tuners. 18:1 ratio and auto cuts the string. I put them on my Mistown Standard and they are the best electric tuners I have ever used.

Direct replacements and no redrilling or anything. Just make sure you get the right ones as they make two types for three on a side guitars. One where the mounting screw is directly behind the tuner and one where the screw is on an angle.

IKf you are interested let me know and I will get you the correct model #. Lolts of salespeople are really not up to snuff on this.

Thanks for the info. I ended up emailing Kluson and they confirmed that the tuners I was looking at were a direct replacement. Got them installed today and they look awesome.

Just figured I'd update in case anybody else is ever looking at these.

Archived