Gibson Brands Forums

Fake or original?

zkosir

Hi,

please tell me is it real Gibson Les Paul Custom Custom Shop? Strange, on pic (spec.) there is no date written there. CS sign - original or fake?

Please HELP ME.

Thanks.

Regards

Zoran

Sorry it's A FAKE !

Just kidding ! ! Looks OK to me....the dealer needs to write the date in the space upon sale of the guitar for warranty purposes. Not a big deal.

Don't become so paronoid! This guitar is NOT a fake. Believe me after you get more familiar with real Gibsons and fake Gibsons it will take you at most maybe 5 seconds to spot a fake Gibson. The most usual giveaway is the shape of the body horns as well as the peghead contours. There ARE some incredibly good fake Gibsons out there however usually you see them in the super high prices of say a '59 Les Paul Standard for example. For the great majority of the phony Gibsons you simply don't have to worry about those kinds of things as there are not that many incredibly talented Chinese fake artists in the less than $10,000 price range. jim at Tinker AFB Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

TNX kleinman for info.

Please let me know: CS sign on guitar head (pic) original or fake?

Thanks for any info.

Regards

Zoran

It looks fine Zoran....don't worry. It's not a fake.

Just to tripple check you can contact Gibson customer services with the serial number and I'm sure they'll confirm it to be a Customshop Custom.

It looks fine Zoran....don't worry. It's not a fake.

Just to tripple check you can contact Gibson customer services with the serial number and I'm sure they'll confirm it to be a Customshop Custom.

TNX for all info. [biggrin]

Regards

Zoran

Archived