Gibson Brands Forums

Blown Away... And definitely the incentive I need!

Timinwales

Well then where to start?...

I've been meaning to pick my guitar up and get back to playing for a VERY long time, but one thing and another has always got in the way, I bought a cheap accoustic a while back, just to try my hand, and after a couple of hours with Hank Marvins book, managed to knock out a sketchy but recognisable Yankee Doodle ( the spirit is willing the hands though are seized up from lack of practice, i used to be fairly good) and then life got in the way again.

Anyway, an unexpected bonus left me with a few quid that I was determined to buy somthing for me with and I've always wanted a Les Paul to go with the Strat ( from when I could play) and the JB seemed the very thing, I'm not sure what I expected, good quality definitely, decent finish and a good sound.. But what I got has exceeded my expectations ten fold, what a stunning bit of lumber!!

To say I'm impressed is an understatement, definitely worth the money, huge thanks to Jack at Guitar Guitar for sorting it I. Quick stress and pain free way, excellent service, huge thanks to the guys at Epiphone and Joe for putting the package together at a really good price..and more importantly what an incentive to keep me going, I can't look at it without picking it up for a hour,

Oh and hi folks

Tim

Well then where to start?...

I've been meaning to pick my guitar up and get back to playing for a VERY long time, but one thing and another has always got in the way, I bought a cheap accoustic a while back, just to try my hand, and after a couple of hours with Hank Marvins book, managed to knock out a sketchy but recognisable Yankee Doodle ( the spirit is willing the hands though are seized up from lack of practice, i used to be fairly good) and then life got in the way again.

Anyway, an unexpected bonus left me with a few quid that I was determined to buy somthing for me with and I've always wanted a Les Paul to go with the Strat ( from when I could play) and the JB seemed the very thing, I'm not sure what I expected, good quality definitely, decent finish and a good sound.. But what I got has exceeded my expectations ten fold, what a stunning bit of lumber!!

To say I'm impressed is an understatement, definitely worth the money, huge thanks to Jack at Guitar Guitar for sorting it I. Quick stress and pain free way, excellent service, huge thanks to the guys at Epiphone and Joe for putting the package together at a really good price..and more importantly what an incentive to keep me going, I can't look at it without picking it up for a hour,

Oh and hi folks

Tim

A new guitar is like a new car. Especially when it's more than you expected it to be. Cherish it and take care of it and you will pass it on the future generations in your family!

Archived