Gibson Brands Forums

es 335 / 355

Ob Com

Hi

Some model es 335's and 355's from Memphis have a model number/reference that starts with "HB", as in HBXXXXX

I have read that this refers to "Hand Built".

If that is correct, does anyone know why these models are given this designation- surely all 335s and 355s from Memphis are hand built??

What is different about the HB models?

Can anyone help please?

thanks

Email Gibson customer service with the serial number and ask what it means. I seriously doubt it means "hand built", as they are all built using a combination of hand work and machine work. Always have been, even back in Kalamazoo.

I think it is part of the SKU, and yes it does mean "Hand built". Sometimes shown as MHB - Memphis Hand Built. I don't think it should be on the orange label though. I had this with a 2007 Roy Orbison Signature 335 where the model was shown as 'MHB' and should have been 'Roy Orbison'. It was an error.

Bob

I think it is part of the SKU, and yes it does mean "Hand built". Sometimes shown as MHB - Memphis Hand Built. I don't think it should be on the orange label though. I had this with a 2007 Roy Orbison Signature 335 where the model was shown as 'MHB' and should have been 'Roy Orbison'. It was an error.

Bob

thanks bob

it in the COA

Archived