Gibson Brands Forums

high praise for Fretboard Journal Magazine

Guest J-Doug

I've been a subscriber since issue 13 and I recently discovered while going through my magazine pile that I was missing an issue. I had an email that showed I should have got it so I sent the email off to Jason at FBJ. On Sunday he got back to me and is happily sending me the issue. Luckily they still have some left!

I highly recommend this magazine to anyone, not only for it's great content and format but also for the amazing service.

I've been a subscriber since issue 13 and I recently discovered while going through my magazine pile that I was missing an issue. I had an email that showed I should have got it so I sent the email off to Jason at FBJ. On Sunday he got back to me and is happily sending me the issue. Luckily they still have some left!

I highly recommend this magazine to anyone, not only for it's great content and format but also for the amazing service.

FBJ is a fantastic magazine. I had a subscription for a year as a gift but it ran out last winter! I need to just bite the bullet and subscribe. it is infinitely worth it.

I believe one of our own is a contributor, John Thomas. Any others?

+1

A couple of years ago I had problems getting on to their website to renew my subscription, so I called the number listed at the front of their publication. Jason answered and we talked for a couple of minutes about guitars, how I become a subscriber, the weather in Seattle compared to my farm in eastern Wa., and he invited me to drive over and attend one of their FBJ get togethers if I ever get a chance. It was like we were old friends! He took care of my subscription, had his tech guy look into why the website wouldn't let me in and sent a nice thank you email.

BTW, I've been a subscriber since the beginning and have all of the issues (1-26) neatly displayed in a bookcase. I've read every issue from cover to cover and several times over! The best publication for content and print quality that I subscribe to and I highly recommend it to others.

www.fretboardjournal.com

I will echo everyone's posts. I have the entire FBJ collection and cherish it. I continually find myself going back to old issues to learn more about players and influences. In addition, the amount of music the magazine has exposed to me to is priceless. There is no way I would have heard about some of the players they have featured. One of my favorites is the Neko Case feature from the 2nd issue.

Archived