Gibson Brands Forums

1937 Olympic

jonahknight

Hello!

I recently had my father's 1937 Olympic fixed up. As I tried to learn more about it (google) I'm finding that this model is sort of forgotten. Is that accurate to say? The serial number- 12901 -doesn't show up. I found mentions of it on two blogs but not much else.

I'm planning on selling it to fund the repair of two more of my father's guitar's, an L-10 and J-45. I'm at a loss to find a price range for the Olympic. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Jonah

Hello!

I recently had my father's 1937 Olympic fixed up. As I tried to learn more about it (google) I'm finding that this model is sort of forgotten. Is that accurate to say? The serial number- 12901 -doesn't show up. I found mentions of it on two blogs but not much else.

I'm planning on selling it to fund the repair of two more of my father's guitar's, an L-10 and J-45. I'm at a loss to find a price range for the Olympic. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Jonah

I surely hope you can post a photo before it goes (sorry I'm of no more assistance)!

The Olympic was a student grade archtop so does not command really high prices. Although I have seen some crazy asking prices for these, the ones that I have seen sold went for under $1K - mostly in the $650 to $775 range.

I am in the same boat having to sell a guitar to fund the repair fo another. In my case I had to let go of a 1932 National Duolian to pay for some much needed and long put off repairs on a 1942 Gibson J-50 and mid-1950s Epi flattop.

Anyway, good luck with it.

Archived