Gibson Brands Forums

My new Ebony DOT arrives tomorrow

strangedogs

Haven't posted here in a long time... Been on Les Pauls for years (Gibson and Epi and also Agile) all ebony! - decided it was time to try out a Hollowbody as I play a whole lot of Blues... CAN'T WAIT! NGD tomorrow!!! I have 4 amps - 2 tube and 2 SS but I also ordered a Mustang iii just for fun. One of my tubers is my Avatar - a 1963 Ace Tone "Duetto" - All stickers in the amp are in Japanese. Ace Tone was the Brainchild of the guy who later stared producing Roland.

An all tube beauty from Japan with built-in Reverb and Tremolo and sweet as can be - I'm guessing 15 or 20 watts - hard to say cause all the stuff on the sticker is in Japanese. Ace Tone went on to become ROLAND (same guy)

Near MINT - the only thing wrong is the original leather strap rotted off apparently over the years

acetone1.jpg

acetone6.jpg

acetone4.jpg

acetone5.jpg

Wow! Pretty neat looking amp there! Looks like it's never been outa the house. All true point to point wiring with Alnico speaker and all - 2 EL84's probably around 15 watts. The first thing you should do for safety's sake is put a properly grounded (3 prong) plug on 'er 'cause if you fry, you'll never be able to really enjoy the vintage tone! That handle or something similar should be readily available. Good luck with it. BTW the DOT is a semi-hollow...

Archived