Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Ltd Ed 50th Anniversary 1961 SG Special

hawkfanatic

I recently became infatuated with these partly because the neck is just like the real thing i lusted after in my youth. But i came across a official epi video on YT where the guy is playing a white one that appears to have headstock binding. It looks awesome and thats what i want if it's available. But it's hard to tell if thats really what i'm seeing in the video because since the back of the neck is white, it may just be the white paint on the edges of the head that looks like binding. But the thing is, none of the pics of white ones looks that way. I called gibson and they don't know if there are any special ones with head binding either. And yes, i DO realize the neck is bound. Heres the video....

Maybe some of you have better eyes than i do, being a geezer and all. Or maybe someone has seen one with binding on the headstock. Anyone?

No headstock binding. You are just seeing the sides of the headstock. It does look like binding at first glance though. Anyway, I have one in TV Yellow. Great guitars. You wont be dissapointed.

Wait...you called customer service and they couldnt even tell you if their own guitar has headstock binding or not? LOL! Sometimes I wonder what customer service actually DOES know. Not much, apparently.

Archived